Friday 27 March 2009

Purple plaster


After 3 weeks I have finally lost the dirty, heavy plaster of paris cast! It was changed for a pretty purple fibre glass one this morning. X-ray is still OK so the plan now is 3 more weeks in plaster and then they take it off, x-ray again and it should be OK. That will give me 2 weeks to get some strength back before I have to carry bags for the journey home.


Work is getting very busy now and will stay that way until the end of the secondment. I spent this week at Dannevirke - last minute change of plans to deal with the workload presenting at the time. Next week I am back to Hawera again. Hopefully we will finish that one this week. I think after that the plan is all local councils but like all good plans they are not set in stone!


I have booked my flight down to Christchurch for 30th April to start our tour of the South Island. I have also booked the Overlander train to Auckland for the Easter weekend. Guess that will be the extent of my travels before I finish work.

No comments:

Post a Comment