Sunday 8 March 2009

Eventful weekend


My weekend in Napier did not work out as planned! I made an early start and stopped off at a cache en route arriving at the hotel about lunch time. Too early to check in so had my lunch on the seafront then headed off into town. Had a wander about for a couple of hours taking in some of the art deco architecture then headed back to the hotel to check in and have a sit with a cup of tea before heading back into town. After an hour or so I noticed the forecast rain clouds so popped into the supermarket to pick up a bottle of wine to have with my dinner before heading back. When I came out the rain started and very quickly became very heavy. As I was quite wet very quickly I decided to continue on to the hotel rather than shelter not knowing how long it would last. Unfortunately when I got about 500yards from the hotel I slipped and fell breaking my right arm! The hotel owner very kindly took me to the Napier medical centre but they were unable to deal with it and about an hour after I fell I was on my way to Hastings hospital where they had to manipulate my wrist to put the bones back where they should be. I am now back in my apartment learning how to things left handed - but my car is still in Napier! Still pretty painful too!

No comments:

Post a Comment