Wednesday 4 March 2009

Attacked by a labrador


Tonight when I left work I was going to go to the gym but, like last night, it was such a lovely evening I decided to go for a walk instead. Last night I went down to Victoria Esplanade and along the river so tonight I thought I would try Rangitane Park and try to pick up a cache that is in that locality at the same time. I had been walking for about 5 minutes and was about to pick up the first clue when a lady walked past calling to her dog. We spoke briefly and the dog came bounding back to her than came back to me and jumped up - to say hello I guess. However, it not only left very muddy paw prints on my top it also knocked my camera bag open and tipped both camera and video onto the pavement and my mobile phone! I have switched all 3 on and so far they are all working although the video has some nasty scratches on it. Poor lady was very apologetic but more concerned about the muddy marks on my top than any potential damage to my equipment. Then to top it all I didn't find the cache either! Still, nice walk in the park on a very warm evening. Unfortunately it is forecast to change by tomorrow night again. I have booked accommodation in Napier for Saturday night though and will go to the Hawkes Bay area for the weekend anyway. They are forecast to clear up first anyway - well on North Island - so that is the best area to be in. The photo is of the Manawatu River taken last night. The river is now twice as big as it was a couple of weeks ago which is the result of all the rain we have had.

No comments:

Post a Comment