Monday 27 April 2009

Prezzies

This morning they had morning tea at work in my honour. Morning tea is a custom here - novel experience, every one stops for a tea break! I shall miss it. Normally that is all it is - chat over tea or coffee and the 5 minute quiz from the Dominion Post but on special occasions we have sandwiches or some other snack too. Today it was my farewell - a few days early but most of the others are going to be away this week, and we had chocolate cake and raspberry & white chocolate muffins. They also had a huge card for me and some prezzies - a greenstone pendant (only ever to be given as a gift and not bought for oneself - various styles with different Maori meanings), a buzzy-bee key ring, Kiwi fruit pieces in chocolate and some NZ fudge (yummy). I was very surprised and touched by their thoughtfulness. Now I know that I will be missed.
I have still had to work hard again today - but only 2 more days to go!!

No comments:

Post a Comment