Monday 6 April 2009

Hotel from the 1960's




Arrived in New Plymouth about 11pm on Friday and, after a half hour walk (because I started off in the wrong direction courtesy of the bus driver) arrived at my hotel. Unfortunately this time I had made a bad choice and this one looked as if it had come straight out of the 1960's. It had a very busy pattern carpet, a faded rose pattern bedspread and lots of hardboard panels hiding strip lights. It also had the scuzziest bathroom I have seen in a hotel for quite a long while! Cooking facilities left a lot to be desired too - not what I expected. I had paid a little less than usual but not much so I was very disappointed.




After all that though I did have a good weekend. The weather was good and, as usual, I walked my legs off. New Plymouth is only about 25km from Mount Taranaki and the Egmont National Park but without my own transport I couldn't get there in the time I had available. This was a bit of a disappointment as I believe there are a couple of nice waterfalls there - apart from very good walking. I did do the coastal walk, Pukakura Park and lots of other walking though. I also got my first New Zealand sunsets - New Plymouth is on the west coast.




I got back home at tea time last night but by the time I had done shopping and washing there wasn't a lot of time for anything else. Hope to post some photos to Flickr later though.

No comments:

Post a Comment